Saturday, May 22, 2010

Al Rounds Art

A Treasured Memory of my recent trip to Salt Lake City is visiting the Art Department in the new Deseret Book Flagship Store in Downtown Salt Lake. I could have visited that area alone every day. The art is breath taking! I was determined to bring home a new piece of art from that area so I spent  a lot of time looking at each piece offered.
 Little did I know that  I would MEET one of the artists, Al Rounds, as he was on his way to meet with the art buyer at Deseret Book. His Antique Art Series spoke to me! One of the paintings, "First Avenue" reminds me of the walk I used to take from my LDS Business College Dorm to work at the Downtown Salt Lake JCPenney Store many moons ago.
After much deliberation....I ended up with four 8x10 prints (still wish I had purchased a few more) from this series. They are a perfect compliment to our original painting of the Salt Lake Temple by Bernard P Thomas.
Oh...and did I mention...he graciously offered to sign the prints! I did not ask him as I was not sure it was appropriate, but when he offered...I was thrilled. What a wonderful memory and better than any souvenir!
I am certain that this first purchase of Al Rounds' art will not be my last. His work is gorgeous.
Below are two of the four prints I purchased.

No comments: