Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Vinegar


Yesterday, the tile in our shower was replaced. In addition, the grout in the floors was repaired. The tile workers suggested I use plain white vinegar to clean my shower doors, tile, and grout. WOW WOW WOW is my reaction. Better than bleach and no crazy toxic fumes. Our tile and grout are so clean and shiny with very little scrubbing. I just sprayed plain white vinegar on one section at a time and wiped it with a wet rag. For the grout, I used an old toothbrush.

Another cleaning solution I like is a mixture of Vinegar, Liquid Dawn (blue), and Borax powder. Cuts through soap build up, etc. better than most commercial cleaning solutions for a fraction of the cost. I learned about this solution from Pinterest.

I love using Vinegar when I wash towels. No more musty towels at our house.
I remember watching my mother clean our windows with vinegar and newspaper. It works like magic. She was way ahead of the times with that solution. Once again...very economical and effective.
If you are wondering about the smell...yes...it smells like vinegar but the smell evaporates and you are left with nothing but clean and shines.

I found this wonderful website, "1001 Uses For White Distilled Vinegar", you will want to visit this site and see all the uses for vinegar. There are other types of Vinegar with many uses, but this site focuses on White Distilled Vinegar.

This concludes my public service announcement.

No comments: