Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tie-Dye Practice

Can anyone say...
Young Women Camp is NEXT WEEK???
We are in high gear with camp preparations.
Tonight, I am making Tie-Dyed T-Shirts with the girls, 
but before I led this little project, I knew I needed a refresher. 
Last night as I made this sample, I remembered and learned a lot!
I chose these colors as they are "Arise and Shine"-ish.
Plus, more than 1 or 2 colors can get too complicated.
One thing I learned... there are better choices than the 
RIT Dye I have used for years and years.
I was always frustrated trying to get bright vibrant colors that would not fade after a few washes.
For this project, I used Tulip Dye. It is a powder pre-measured in a plastic bottle.
All you do is add water and dye away.
Very easy and the color goes on bright the first time.
I am not a big Tie- Dye fan, but I must say these are great colors and so far, I like this look.
So many fun things for camp...
So little time to get it them all prepared.
More pics of the actual project to come.

No comments: