Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy Pioneer Day

Today, I am really missing being in Utah to celebrate Pioneer Day. Celebrating in Salt Lake City is so much fun. July 24, 1847 is the day that the Mormon Pioneers arrived in the Salt Lake Valley, forever changing the world. As I was trying to think of way to celebrate here in South Florida, I remembered this incredible movie, 17 Miracles by T.C. Christensen. 
We are going to watch it later today. Just thinking about this movie made me realize that I can celebrate Pioneer Day any place, any time. In fact the true spirit of Pioneer Day is not in the parade and the festivities, it is about the sacrifices made by the early Latter day Saint Pioneers to ensure I have the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have the blessing of associating with modern-day Pioneers every day because of the sacrifices of so many early-day Pioneers.
You may order this movie HERE. I highly recommend this movie as one you will want to own and view often. We saw it in the theater while we were in Salt Lake last year. It was truly one of the highlights of our month-long stay there.

No comments: