Monday, June 3, 2013

Seminary Casserole

My sister shared this recipe with me. It replaced a many-years family tradition of "New York Mission Eggs" for Christmas morning.
Up until last, week, I referred to it as "Breakfast Casserole". After serving it at our Seminary end of year breakfast, it has a new name. Seminary Casserole. It is so easy to put it in the crock-pot the night before and wake up to a tasty breakfast.
There are so many variations of this basic recipe. Use it as a base and add different vegetables and/or breakfast meats.
I dont brown the hash browns prior to mixing and baking, but it would give a different flavor.
I tripled it for our crowd of 35 people and it was more than enough. We also served a breakfast cake, fruit, milk, and juice.




Seminary Casserole
7 Eggs
1 C Milk
3 1/2 C Cheese
3 1/2 C Hash Browns ( used the cubed ones but shredded will work)
2 C Sausage (I used the precooked turkey sausage-changed my life-no cooking sausage the night before-the messes and smell,  etc.)
1/2 tsp Salt
4-5 Chopped Green Onions

Beat the Eggs and Milk together, add the cheese and salt.
Pour over Hash Browns and Sausage in the crock pot.
Stir in the chopped green onions and the work is done.
Cover and cook overnight on low for 8-10 hours.

Enjoy!

No comments: