Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Welcome Baby Edison

Last Thursday, February 9, we had just said, "Amen" at the end of our Seminary closing prayer and my phone chimed, indicating I had a text. I glanced at my phone and saw that the message was from Curt. Without reading the message, I quickly said to my students, we won't have class tomorrow. This was confusing for them as I had just told them to be on time the next day and that we had a lot to get done.

Without reading the message, I knew Curt was asking me to come to Atlanta to help out while Carmen went to the hospital to deliver their new baby. By 9am, I was at the airport and I had a confirmed seat on the 10 am flight. I landed in Atlanta, rented a car, and drove to their Bishop's house where Evie and McKay were staying while Curt and Carmen were at the hospital.

I brought the kids home and about the same time I was putting them down for naps, baby Edison James was born. I met Des at the bus in front of their house and told him that the baby was here. We enjoyed chatting and I prepared him that when Evie and McKay woke up, we would go to the hospital to meet his newest little brother.

After naps, a small snack, potty stops, diaper changes, we were on the way to the hospital. It was such a beautiful sight to watch them meet their new baby brother. I was reminded of what a beautiful miracle each person is and became even more grateful for each of my family members, especially Curt and Carmen and their sweet family.

Here are photos from the first minutes of meeting baby Edison.








No comments: