Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Seminary Moving Up Breakfast

With a few weeks left of school and Seminary, the days and nights are filled with end of the school year activities. My favorite end of the year activity is our “Moving Up” breakfast.  It is fun to invite the incoming Freshmen for a sneak preview of what happens at Seminary and it is emotional to think about the Seniors who walk out of the door, with their scriptures in hand, at the end of the breakfast.

Click HERE and HERE for full details on the Seminary Moving Up Breakfast.

This year will be extra emotional for me as my last child graduates. I have been using these same decorations (with a few additions) since my first child graduated in 1999.
His Seminary teacher, Kate Estey, asked me to organize an end of the year breakfast. She gave me the idea of the moving up, shifting to a new table, having the Seniors walk out the door with their Scriptures, and inviting the new students. I took it from there and have planned and organized this breakfast for many Seminary classes since that year, never thinking that in 2012, I would officially be a Seminary teacher.

Here I am, 5 years later as a Seminary Teacher, planning this exciting tradition, trying not to think about the fact that my baby is graduating and life, as I have known for 37 years, is going to change dramatically
These are photos from an obstacle course when we studied the New Testament.
They are not from the Moving Up breakfast but the messages are appropriate for how the end of the year feels.






No comments: