Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day. Over the past few years, my Valentine Celebrations have become predictable, yet very enjoyable. The restaurants are so crowded, so I started a tradition of cooking a formal "Love One Another" Red dinner for my family. We all take turns telling each other the things we love and appreciate about each other. The weekend before or after Valentines Day is when I go on a hot date with my hubby!

The other exciting thing I do is go to lunch with my friends. One of my dearest friends has a birthday on Valentines Day. A group of 5 of us have enjoyed a Valentines lunch for the past many many years.

There is always a school party to volunteer at in the afternoon--fun to see the children distribute and enjoy Valentines from friends and secret admirerers.

For my entire life, Valentines Day has been marked by my mother making Valentine Cookies with Red Hot Icing. I need nothing else to celebrate Valentines Day. Now, I wait in anticipation for the shoebox to arrive in the mail filled with the individually wrapped cookies. They are the best. Mostly because they come from my mom. Amazing how the simple traditions make such a big impression on us.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

You are right, it isn't Valentine's Day without those cookies, for sure.