Thursday, September 6, 2007

Megan's Baptism

Megan was baptized on Friday, August 31.
The first of many great choices she will make.
Megan was so excited at every point. Many friends and family joined us for this special occasion. With the exception of Andrew, all of our children were here. Curt and Carmen came from Utah, Jeff and Alison came from Gainesville, and my parents came from Orlando. What a way to start a Family Reunion weekend!
The Baptism was the focus of our weekend together. What an honor and privilege for me, as Megan's mother, to meet her as she came up the steps of the Baptismal Font after being Baptized. It was a special time to share as mother and daughter. Having so many friends and family share in the joy made it even more special. Our family is blessed with so many friends who are just like family. I say this often, that God chose my friends for me and place us in each others' paths.
Shauna, Ron, and Megan
(Disclaimer-Ron's eye is swollen due to a hive--not me whacking him during the night when he nudged me to stop snoring!)

Carmen came to the rescue of my simple, plain bouquets of Costco flowers. She worked her magic to make arrangements for the chapel, foyer, and food table.
The bonus of these arrangements is that they were still fresh on Sunday, so we used them for Church meetings and then... I used the white roses for my Young Women Lesson. I sent a white rose home with each girl as a reminder of purity.

This was the beginnings of the food table being put together. The flowers were perfect and the food was inhaled and gone in no time flat.






2 comments:

Erika said...

How exciting! Everything looks beautiful. Congratulations Megan.

love.boxes said...

That's so lovely Shauna. Congratulations to Megan. She looks so beautiful in her pretty, white dress!