Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekend Highlights

Birthday Weekend Celebration
Friday, while Ron was at work, surprise visitors walked in to his office...Jeffrey and Alison arrived from Gainesville. The party was just beginning!
I spent a lot of time in the kitchen baking, cooking, and cleaning up. I love to cook when my older children come home.
See my previous posts for recipes.
This is the first time in years that I did not make Homemade Carrot Cake. A Publix Carrot Cake did the trick this year.
The Party Assistant Extraordinaire...Katherine loves lighting candles.
Jeff and Ron were elated after the Gator win.
This was the true test of Alison joining our family..... Jeffrey was trying to push Alison in to the pool. Thinking I would come to her rescue, I decided to save her and push Jeffrey in...what a backfire. I pushed Jeffrey, who was clinging tightly to Alison... you guessed it... she went in with him.
Quickly, Megan joined the fun... she loved an excuse to swim in her clothes.
Sorry, Alison.... I was hoping you would be with me on the deck....dry. I am so happy this did not change the decision to marry in to our family!
Saturday, in between College Football Broadcasting, we went to The Pumpkin Patch at St Peter's Methodist Church. My girls attended Pre School at St Peters and I love returning each year for The Pumpkin Patch and The Spring Fair.
Jeff and Alison were in charge of finding the perfect Pumpkin to make our family tradition,
Here is my Pumpkin Patch Searching Rule:
Each Year, the girls want to choose pumpkins that are enormous. I solved this by saying they can have any pumpkin in the patch as long as they can carry it all the way to the cashier and the car, then be able to unload it from the car and carry it to the house. No one asks for those pumpkins on steroids any more.
Jeffrey was able to zero in on the perfect pumpkin for our dinner.
Katherine was choosing and changing her mind right up to the moment we were paying at the cashier. She ended up with the pumpkin that was just right for her.
Once we were home, it was time to make Dinner In A Pumpkin
Since my original post on Dinner In A Pumpkin, I have had many questions. These
photos should clarify just how it will look. Note in the background on the counter is the freshly baked Whole Wheat Bread. When I bake bread, it is newsworthy.
Here is the filled pumpkin, ready to go in the oven...
Here is the baked pumpkin as we ate the filling for dinner. It was delicious!
Alison was worn out...too much celebrating... she has discovered what we all know... this is one comfortable sofa!
The best news of all.... The Gators won this weekend.
It was the best Birthday Gift Ron could receive.

2 comments:

Cathi said...

Looks like it was a very happy celebration with good food and family. I can't wait to try your recipes. Now, is Megan the only child with brown eyes like you??

B. Allred said...

Happy Birtday Ron!