Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Idea

Teacher,You've Really
Made Your MARK On Us!
Sharpie Marker Bouquet
This week is Teacher Appreciation Week.
Every day, we do something special for the teachers.
Yesterday, we presented items for our teacher's Classroom Supply "Wish List"
Among other supplies, our teacher requested that her Sharpie Marker supply be replenished.
She wanted colored and black Sharpie markers.
I wanted to present the markers, other supplies, and gift cards in a creative way.
I also wanted to use this polka dot vase (our teacher loves polka dots)
I taped each Sharpie Marker to a wooden skewer, stuck them in to a Styrofoam ball, and voila!!!
Instead of 1 gift card, I got five gift cards with $5 each on them.
I attached the Gift cards to wooden skewers, also.
Target had the perfect gift cards...they said THANK YOU!
In the center(not in the photo) I stuck a die cut shape with a note that said....
"Thank you, Mrs. H,
You have really made your MARK on us" Love, Your class.
I wrapped the other supplies in wrapping paper and some colored bags,
using the polka dot ribbon on each package.
Even copy paper, paper clips, white out, erasers, and other classroom supplies can be exciting with a fun presentation!!!!
Our teacher wrote me a note that said she had every teacher in the school coming to view her "Marker Bouquet" She said they were all drooling!!!
I was so worried this would turn out "tacky" but it was so super cute.
Hopefully, this will be a springboard for others to present what would normally be a "boring" gift, in a creative, fun way.
Thank you to all teachers!!!

2 comments:

Linnea said...

COngrats on the win over at design mom! I keep checking to see if I won anything...and saw your name! Hope you have a good mothers day! (mine will be spent attending a funeral)

Cathi said...

Great Teacher gifts. You are so very clever!!
I too, like the teacher, adore polka dots. NY just doesn't think they would look good on the living room walls...how about you?