Sunday, August 10, 2008

Forty Nine Years

Milestone Memories
August 10, 1959....
Happy Anniversary,
Mom and Dad!
After their marriage in the Salt Lake LDS Temple,
a reception was held in American Fork, Utah....
Click HERE to read more about this exciting occasion
and my wonderful parents.
They hit the ground running and have not stopped yet!
Here they are at their house on Horseshoe Drive
in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
December 1985
This was taken at the Old Chapel in Independence, Missouri
on our last Sunday there, April 17, 1977.
This is the new section of the building.
They are at the side entrance we rarely used.
A few days after this, our family was packed up and
movedto Berkeley Heights, New Jersey.
My Dad commuted in to New York City every day for
ten years until JC Penney moved them, again, to
Atlanta, Georgia.
This is Mom and Dad's 25th Wedding Anniversary
Celebration in August 1984 at the house on Horseshoe Drive
in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey.

Here I am with my siblings... Brent, Jenni, Me, Mark

Here are all the places they have lived (that I am aware of)
Salt Lake City, UT
American Fork, UT
Granger, UT (Now West Valley City)
Pocatello, ID
Midvale, UT
Independence, Missouri (2 houses)
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey ( 2 houses)
Atlanta, Georgia ( 3 houses)
Billings, Montana (Mission President Service)
Wellington, FL (2 houses)
Orlando, (2 houses....so far)
I think it is 17 or 18 moves?????
With 49 Amazing years to celebrate, you can only
imagine how our family will celebrate next year as
The Golden #50 arrives.
A Huge Family Reunion is in the works. If all goes as
planned, we will be sailing the High Seas together.

2 comments:

Jen Thomas said...

Wow! What a great legacy!

It is fun that you got married in the same month as your parents. Ken and I got married three days after my parents anniversary (in March)!

everything pink! said...

amazing! while i wish i could write these things, i just hope someday my kids will be able to write them about me and my husband.