Saturday, August 30, 2008

Oh My...Oh My....

Gustav....
So far, here in South Florida, we have dodged a few bullets
in the Hurricane department. Tropical Storm Fay was enough to
remind me that Gustav will be tragic regardless of when, where, or
who it hits.
Hanna may change South Florida's bullet dodging, however....
For this moment....
Watching the Track, Speed, and Strength of Hurricane Gustav
has my full attention. It is not headed here (whew...), but
my mind is on the millions of people it's path.
Fellow Bloggers.....
Unite in Your Prayers and Best Wishes
for anyone near The Gulf Coast.
Pray for those in the Gustav's Path.
Pray they can be out of harm's way, pray for safety before,
during, and after the storm.
Pray they will be wise in their preparations.
Pray they will have relief and recovery efforts in a timely
manner.
My mind is already playing the "what-if/what-can" game...
What if it hits this spot or what if this happens,
What can I do to be prepared to help
those who will inevitably be affected by this monster storm.
If you are not in Gustav's path....
Start playing the "What If, What Can" Game....
What if this happens.....?
What Can I Do To Help.....?
Your help will be needed...trust me!
Get prepared to help.
Stop, Look and Listen for needs. Don't wait to be asked...
anticipate needs and roll up your sleeves as soon as possible.
For those making preparations....
If you are staying in your homes....plan to be without electricity
and/or water for at least one week.
If you are even remotely worried about flooding...pack up NOW
and get out. Do Not Wait!
If time allows, I will post some Hurricane Tips I have found helpful
through several storms.
Gulf Coast Friends.....
My Prayers are with YOU!!!!!

1 comment:

Lynelle Klein said...

My friend from Mobile said that even there the stores are sold out. Half the people shopping were from Mississippi and Louisiana. So, at least some people are preparing.

I feel great apprenhension for this storm. I hope I am wrong, but we are praying over here.