Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Daily Miracles...

Every day, I am awed by acts of kindness and generosity.
Here is one example of a Miracle....
I walked in to a local business in hopes of getting a discount
on a few platters of fruit and/or vegetables for the MSABC
Walk Participants...
We have a small budget...most everything is donated, however,
some of the food, we expect to pay for,
but hope to get some sort of discount if we purchase in volume,
advertise for the vendor, etc.
TEN MINUTES and ONE PHONE CALL LATER....
The Store Manager has a local Produce Vendor offering to donate
enough fruit for 800 Walkers.
My jaw was on the ground....I was moved to tears, humbled, and
very grateful....I know it was a MIRACLE and an answer to my
prayers.
Good Thing I was not driving when I spoke to the Produce Vendor
on the phone....you would have found my car in a canal at the side
of the road....hopefully, with me NOT in it.
There are so many lives touched by these acts of kindness and
generosity. I am grateful to be a blip on the radar screen.
Oh...and the Businesses....anonymous.

No comments: