Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin Pie Dessert Squares
Even if you are not a fan of Pumpkin Pie (like me...I don't like Pumpkin Pie..not one bit..) Try this! Even with my aversion to Pumpkin Pie, I LOVE Pumpkin in any other recipe and I mean in any recipe...especially this one! This is so easy and always a crowd pleaser. Am I the only person in America who does not like Pumpkin Pie? I dont like to eat it or make it (the whole pie crust thing is a challenge for me...I just dont have a lot of success in that department) Megan has been begging for Pumpkin Pie ever since we went to the Pumpkin Patch so I made these Pumpkin Pie Dessert Squares for her and now she is sold! (she still wants some traditional Pumpkin Pie, also. Thank goodness for Costco Pumpkin Pies)
This post is for my friend, Liz! Enjoy!
1. Crust:
1 Package Yellow Cake Mix (minus 1 Cup set aside for topping)
1/2 Cup Butter, melted
1 Egg
Mix well and press into bottom of 9x13 greased baking dish.
2. Filling:
1 1/2 Cups Canned Pumpkin
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
2/3 Cup Milk
1/2 tsp Allspice
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
2 Eggs
Mix well and pour over crust
3.Topping
1 Cup Reserved Cake Mix
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Butter
1/2 C. Chopped Nuts (optional)
Mix well until crumbly. Sprinkle over top of filling
Bake at 350* for 45-50 Minutes. Top with whipped cream when serving.

2 comments:

Cathi said...

I am going to make this today!!
I, unlike you, love pumpkin anything!
Well, maybe not pumpkin soda pop, or pumpkin scrambled eggs, and I don't think I'd like pumpkin jam on my toast or...

KYoho said...

That sounds sooo good. I'm exactly like you, I do NOT like pumpkin pie but I love other pumpkin things, esp. pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!