Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Magic Of Santa

Note To Self:
Keep my children away from The MALL(s) at all cost......Santa is there and it is BEFORE THANKSGIVING! It is just wrong, plain wrong to have Santa at The Mall...any Mall...BEFORE THANKSGIVING. Santa's first public appearance of The Christmas Season is when he arrives at the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.
I am OK with decorations up before Thanksgiving and Christmas Music on the radio...just don't mess with the arrival of Santa. He comes AFTER we give thanks. On this issue, I am firm...NO SANTA BEFORE THANKSGIVING.
(Oh...by the way....somehow we made it to 2008 with BOTH girls still in on the Santa magic. This could be the year for it to all unravel, though.)
Enjoy these shots from Christmas 2006
We visit the same Santa every year at The Gardens Mall...
AFTER THANKSGIVING
In fact, it is always the first or second week of December..during the school day...yes, I take my children OUT of school for a day of Christmas Shopping and Visiting Santa. We visit Ron's office with Homemade Cookies and then head to The Gardens Mall.
Mmmmm....I wonder if we have one more year of "matchy-matchy"
If so....this will surely be the end of the road for the era of
"matchy-matchy" sisters.
I loved these outfits. The last shirt has finally been passed
on to a new owner. Sad time to see the girls grow up and
some of the cute clothes leave.

This was a few weeks after my hysterectomy. I remember being
completely exhausted this day, but so happy I pushed to go out and
about for our Christmas tradition of Cookie Delivery and Shopping.
Is Santa at your local Mall?
Do you like to see Santa out and about BEFORE Thanksgiving?
Have you ever taken your children out of school to go see Santa?
Do your children still believe in Santa...for real?
(Not like my adult children who know they must "believe to receive".

2 comments:

Curt Hostetler said...

Wow...compare the girls now to these pictures and it's amazing how much they've grown. We saw Santa in the mall this past Saturday too. This state is supposed to be one of the worst economies in the nation...but you wouldn't be able to tell that by how busy the mall was.

Doty Family said...

You are so right on this one!! Oh my goodness. We usually see Santa at Tuachan, it's a local theater where they have a live nativity every night from Thanksgiving to Christmas and yes my kids believe, but their all little. I think i'll cry the day they don't!!