Friday, December 19, 2008

A Shauna Story

Last week, I sold a few items on Ebay. Three of the items were LDS (Mormon) Books/Tapes. Two of the transactions bring unique stories,sure to be told over and over for years to come. One I can share here, and one is too creepy for the Blogosphere. (I will have to e-mail to those who want to hear it).
Here is the delightful story...It is so "me"...
Due to a glitch on my end, I had to contact my buyers. One of them, Rita from Missouri, I contacted via my e-mail account and forgot to delete my Blogspot address from my signature. (Now I am happy I did not delete it....read on) Rita wrote me back telling me we may have a mutual friend. I thought to myself, "Maybe a friend from my Missouri days, I wonder who it could be, I hope I will remember them." (After all, I lived in Missouri from age 9-16). Rita then tells me that she saw her friend's photo on this recent post of mine. Bev Ramos' sister, Barbara, lives in Rita's Ward in Missouri. I posted a photo of Barbara at Ryan's wedding last weekend, and the world became smaller! Now tell me the world is not small... the blogging world, the LDS (Mormon) World, and now, the ebay world!
Now, I have a new Missouri friend and she has an exciting package on the way. I will probably meet my new friend when the new temple in Missouri is dedicated!
If you know me (in real life), is this story so "me"?
I know...you are dying to hear the creepy story....
Leave a Comment if you want me to email it to you...
(Or for those who never comment here, yet send comments via email,
you know who you are....email me)

10 comments:

Erika said...

Okay, you got me. I would like to hear the story. :) email me at erika.lastname@gmail.com please. Thanks.

Jen Thomas said...

Enquiring minds want to know! lol.. Email me please! :)

Devynn said...

Oooohhh...I want the creepy one!

Eric said...

Wow, that is really cool story. Thanks for sharing!

Lynelle Klein said...

I would like to hear it, too. :)

v johnson said...

I want to hear the creepy one too!
PS... Eric and I sold on ebay for years a while back... until we bought a wii last christmas and got scammed... now we don't use it... but I am so glad that you had an amazing experience like that... how crazy!

Cathi said...

Yes my darling, we all want to hear the creepy story. You knew we would!!!

Melba said...

Shauna, you know I wanna know. Your stories are so cool.

v johnson said...

I want the creepy one...

Patty said...

Tell me! Tell me! I'm dying to know.