Saturday, October 11, 2008

This Should Be On My
Front Door.....
Today's GARAGE SALE sign is tucked away....
far away.
Katherine's PINK EYE is gone...
Now.....Megan has STREP THROAT!!!!!
Yep..you don't want to share the air we breathe at this house.
Actually, I am thinking you don't want to touch the
same surfaces we even look at.

Apparently, all things contagious are floating around hoping
to take up residence on every person and surface in our house.

Last night, I stayed up late
(not much past midnight...surprise! I must be getting good at
this or I just know what does and does not deserve my attention...
indicating a great level of wisdom on my part...could it be that
I am finally applying years of experience to make my life easier?)
getting the last minute Garage Sale details arranged.
(That is the part I cannot stand about Garage Sales...the pricing and
getting all the stuff organized. I keep having them, though, after
repeatedly saying NEVER again each time..OK...so maybe I
quickly forget what I learn and just need to keep aiming for greater
levels of wisdom.)
At 2am, Megan came to my bed saying she did not feel well...
sore throat and ears....her body was full-blast-furnace HOT.
I got the fever down and tucked her back in bed.
(so much for this sale being Katherine and Megan's project
to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness....Kind of like when
you get a puppy for your KIDS...guess who does 99% of the work?)
I snuggled with her (no sore throat for me, yet)
At 5:30am...I was up to beat the Early Birds who would surely
sit on my sidewalk to watch my Garage Sale being set up.
Yes, they were there at 6:30 for our 7am opening.
(Yes, I made them WAIT until the advertised 7am opening...
don't mess with me in my own driveway! Ha!)
Right before the crowds came, I made sure Megan was
comfortable and not burning with fever.
She slept through the Garage Sale in my bed.
(More sheets to wash and sanitize, because, of course,
I did not do enough of that earlier in the week when
Katherine had PINK EYE)
At 11am, after a steady crowd of shoppers,
(and I mean steady crowd up to the latest open time.
I have never had people come is such large numbers so late.The
crowd was steady...but the $$$ did not match the number of people
who stopped by...people are being very cautious with every penny...
even at Garage Sales.)
I packed up the leftovers, headed to Goodwill,
then grabbed lunch at Checkers....

Next Stop Med Express
(love that place and I think they love us, too)
Strep Throat, Swollen Glands, White Spots on
Tonsils, Ear Infection, Fever were quickly confirmed...
On to Publix Pharmacy....
Guess What???
Amoxicillin and several other Antibiotic Prescriptions
are FREEEEEEEE at Publix. I had heard about this, but thought
it was for people with no insurance, etc.No...it is for everyone!
Publix gives certain antibiotics for FREEEEEEEEE.
This is a way for Publix to "Give Back" to the Community.
I was happy to be on the receiving side of their giving today.
Summary:
Garage Sale...Great (Too Much work for ME, though)
Katherine... Well
(Amazing help at The Garage Sale...if she continues to polish her sales skills,
she can support us in a lavish life style in our golden years...
no one says NO to Katherine...no one has the heart to rip her off with a low offer.)
Megan...Strep Throat
Shauna....Exhausted (better now after napping to Pete's Dragon)
Ron...Happy....GO GATORS!!!!
(Hopefully the final score against LSU keeps him a Happy Gator.)
Until Further Notice...
Knock on My Front Door At Your Own Risk...
Don't Say I Did Not Warn You....
Blogging seems to be the safest method of staying in touch!

And Finally...
Remind me to Click HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE
when planning another Garage Sale.
Someday.... I really will learn from the wisdom I am
cultivating via daily life!

Do You Like Hosting Garage Sales?
Do You Like Shopping At Garage Sales?
Is my household the only one catching the contagious
STUFF floating around?
Ummmm.... I think my eyes are itching and my throat hurts...
time to sign off this long epistle....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear the garage sale went well. Personally I love shopping at them. :) I don't have any hand-me-downs for my daughter, so this summer I got all her clothes at garage sales, we are good until age 3. :) Now days everyone uses the clothes for one child and then gets rid of them! crazy!

Erika said...

It's been a bad year for illnesses here. Between all of the sicknesses times all 4 kids, I can't begin to even count how many fevers, it's been ridiculous. Luckily, everyone is healthy today...so we don't have to miss the Primary program. Not that they've been at very many practices with all of the sickness.

Jen Thomas said...

After my last garage sale (which didn't go that well) I went on Craigslist.com, and made more money selling our stuff there!

Hope Megan is better soon!